In this week’s release of Hurun Global Rich List, five cryptocurrency billionaires were highlighted. Despite the bearish market of cryptocurrency trading last 2018, Hurun declares blockchain as the “fastest growing new industry” in the globe. These five billionaires have made riches from bitcoin trading in different blockchains including Binance, Bitman, Ripple, and Coinbase.
- Micree Zhan Ketuan – He is the co-founder of Bitmain and owns about 36 percent of the company as opposed to another of his co-founders, Wu Jihan, who holds about 20 percent in company stake. Ketuan made a fortune of 2.7 billion dollars with Bitmain blockchain.
- Chris Larsen – He is the co-founder of Ripple and owns about 17 percent or 420 million dollars in shares. He was also the company’s CEO. Larsen currently has 5.2 billion XRP or about 1.6 billion dollars with Ripple blockchain.
- Wu Jihan – Along with Micree Zha Ketuan, Wu Jihan is Bitmain’s co-founder and owns 20 percent of the company. Jihan currently made 1.5 billion dollars with Bitmain blockchain.
- Brian Armstrong – He is the co-founder of Coinbase, a famous blockchain in the US. Armstrong’s fortune amounted to 1.3 billion dollars with Coinbase blockchain by merely an instant.
- Zhao Chaopeng – also dubbed as “CZ,” Zhao Chaopeng was famously known for raising the value of Binance by 15 million dollars by selling his house in 2014. He then invested his money into bitcoin. Chaopeng made a fortune of 1.3 billion dollars with Binance blockchain.
Hurun’s report chairman reiterates the significance of blockchain as a growing industry, saying that “whilst crypto values may have plummeted in the past, a handful of businesses have started to spring up. Many billionaires from other sectors have now started to invest into blockchain technology.